First off, Chris dug us a nice big hole (not an easy thing at our house, where the ledge rock starts about one foot beneath the top soil) for us to plant the Forsythia. Naturally, there were complications:
Eventually, we fished little Thomas out, and the final product looks wonderful.
We've been given some lovely lilac trees from the family, and we hope soon to plant them a little to the left of this bush. Meanwhile, the raspberries are on the go, though they suffered a little from the weird frost (damage not visible in this picture). We've discovered the dogs are ripping our asparagus out by the roots, so Ruth and I are going to build a fence around them and the raspberries tomorrow.
Well that's all for now. Tomorrow promises to be a very big day! Here's what we have to work with:
We've got to take everything out except the Clematis, the Baptisia and the Rose. There's a lot in there, and NONE of it is labelled. Okay, so the Daffodils are obviously Daffodils, but other than that, it's up to our gardener's knowhow and intuition.